Often imitated, never duplicated                     Mixed Media - artwork using more than one medium.

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #38 - Altered Embellishments

Welcome to the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #38
"Altered Embellishments"

 
(See what you can do with stuff from your stash to make them fresh and new! Just alter any of your embellishments and let us know how you did it.)
***please remember to add this graphic to your blog post***



We have some new DT members to introduce to you!

Let's give a big welcome to Glenda Schoepp-Drake and Diana Hetherington! They were delayed in getting their chipboard from our sponsor so we will see their projects in our mid-month post. But, we can get to know them a bit now, and I encourage you to go check out their blogs and wonderful art.



Hello, Glenda Schoepp-Drake here from boozybear.blogspot.ca. I named my blog after my son; boozybear was his nickname up 'til he was 3 and started to tell people his name was Boozy. That's when my husband and I decided we needed to use his real name Alex. I am a wife and mother of one 10 year old boy and 2 crazy dogs and we live in Cold Lake, Alberta Canada. I have a couple of art degrees but currently work as an admin assistant – there isn't a high demand for artists in Cold Lake lol. I started scrapbooking when I had my son and quickly fell in love with the combination of paper, chipboard, metal and all those fabulous mixed media products. My style revolves around all the boys in my life – grunge, distress, industrial, and steampunk – no flowers for this girl and blue, I love blue, all shades of blue. I look forward to working with Mixed Media Monthly and am very excited – this is my first design team!


Hello everyone!! My name is Diana and I have been creating within the crafting world since 1996, starting out working and teaching in the scrapbooking world at a local store and then slowly switched over into the mixed media world. I now have my own art studio in my home where I spend as much free time as possible creating for design teams, prepping and teaching classes or just plain creating for fun. I am a very inky girl so make lots of messes. When it comes to creating I like all the colours of all the rainbows… the ones we see when we look into the sky and the ones we see when we look within. The brights, the lights, the greys and the darks… my favourite pieces are those that speak to me… the ones that are created from the heart and with heart. I am the kind of girl that is thankful to have a glass… half full always!  I create because I feel and I feel because I create whether that is in my art journal, on a canvas, a tag, or a 3D project. When I am not creating in my studio or working my ‘real’ job, you can find me out literaly running the streets and trails of my beautiful city.



Our July Sponsor is UmWowStudio!!

UmWowStudio is an innovative on trend chipboard, flair & stencil manufacturer located in Las Vegas, NV. Partnering with other companies & now amazing designers our line is always expanding. Our chipboard is extra thick with a beautiful rich kraft finish ready for any medium. Our stencils come in a convenient 4x6 size & our flair is flat backed for easy application to any art. 


http://umwowstudio.com/

Our lucky random winner will get a
$30 gift certificate + free shipping

to UmWowStudio's online store!!!



And now for some inspiration from our Design Team...

 ASTRID
https://astridsartisticefforts.blogspot.com/2017/07/use-your-wings-for-mixed-media-monthly.html



Make sure you visit each designer's blog and leave some comment love for them... we LOVE hearing from you all!

Please follow these rules to be eligible for placements and prizes. Entries not following our rules will be deleted.

* You must use our challenge graphic in your challenge post.
* You must comment on at least 3 design team member's blogs. 
* Your post must link back to the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge post
* Add a link to your direct postnot your entire blog, a YouTube Video or a Pinterest Board
* You can combine with up to 4 other challenges. 
* No Backlinking (linking a project completed before the start date of our challenge) allowed! Any back-linked entries will be deleted.
* You can enter up to 5 times, create whatever you want, and HAVE FUN!

You have until 11:55 pm EST on July 31st to enter! 



12 comments:

  1. I LOVE what the design team did with the UmWowStudio chippies!! Will be looking forward to seeing the rest of the creations....mid month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! they are fun. =) and there will be a BIG mid month post with 4 or more new projects!

      Delete
  2. Love what the design team did with the chipboard. Also love this challenge as every time I see chipboard shapes a friend gave me five years ago I keep thinking I should do something with it. Would of course love to win the gift certificate as more and more I'm getting into doing Mixed Media cards. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous inspirations from all of the DT and a great fun challenge, love this one and hope to be back again soon! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful inspirations with awesome chippies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous inspiration! Thank you for another wonderful challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant to also welcome Glenda and Diana to the team! I already know Boozybear's work, and I can't wait to see what each of you will be creating for this team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful projects Ladies . Congratulations to Glenda and Diana on joining the design team x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Projects - soooo talented. Congrats to Glenda and Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous inspiration from the team for a great theme.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!